Monday, March 15, 2010

Cooking with the Pastors





Our pastor and his wife, who also is a pastor, have offered to teach us to cook traditional Slovak cuisine from time to time. This past Friday they came over and taught us how to cook delicious soup and sweet fruit dumplings. They are a wonderful couple who graciously give of their time to help us. They speak to us in Slovak, in order to help us practice conversation, but Jon also speaks fluent English, which allows us to know what the conversation is about! They also keep us laughing, as they have great senses of humor. We enjoy our times with them.

We also showed them the delicacy of good old American chocolate chip cookies! It is funny how many of our friends here have commented on how "perfect" these "koláčiky" are!

3 comments:

Stephanie Rogers said...

SO fun! Those chocolate chip cookies look ready to eat up fast! Mmmmm.

Josh and Brin said...

Hi Ed & Wendi~
We really need to skype.
I am so glad you are posting blogs, I will be a faithful reader.So many of our experiences are (were) the same; language in the afternoon, kids in foreign schools, new recipes and with new measurements. Of course, a lot is different.
I love your pictures. I wish I could visit you. But that is the ironic part of foreign mission work, you actually travel less than if you were in the States. At least for me.
We have our furlough tickets home. I can not wait, mostly because I am in desperate need of a break. It will be weird not to have you there.
Miss you tons!
um braço (a hug)~ Brin

Mary K Rumbold said...

It's so fun to see the good times you are having. Glad God is giving you those times. I'm sure there are many more things that you can WOW them with besides chocolate chip cookies. How about your awesome cinnamon rolls. Thanks for all the updates. I will try to send pictures of the Children's Museum soon.
Dad and Mom