Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wendi's 40th

Yes, I hit the big year...the big 4-0.  I didn't feel it until the very minute I turned 40 either.  The boys are always interested in the very minute that a birthday hits.  (Since Jaylin was born at 9:30 at night, the boys always like to remind her all day on her birthday that she isn't yet a year older...until the time of birth.  And then, when you throw in the compensation for the USA time zone in which we were all born, the boys like to tell Jaylin that her true birthday isn't even until the middle of the night over here where we are.)  Anyway, they knew my adjusted Slovak birth time, and at 6:45 pm, they ran in and said..."NOW, Mom, you're 40!!!  Then I felt old!  :-)

It was a great birthday.  We celebrated the weekend before by going with our good Slovak friends, Draho and Zuzka Poloha and their kids, to the mountains.  We spent some time at the allegedly most beautiful location in Slovakia, Strbske Pleso (I know, you feel that you need more vowels in that word, but it is spelled correctly).  There is a gorgeous lake there that we spent some time walking around, and then we spent a lot of time talking and enjoying time with these friends.  Then, on my birthday, the Monday after, Ed baked me a pan of caramel birthday brownies and took me out to eat alone.  It was perfect!










5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday To You

MiriamLinkesch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MiriamLinkesch said...

I love those pictures! Especially the one of you and Ed. You two are so perfect together!

Happy late birthday!

-Miriam Linkesch

Danielle said...

You look beautiful! Happy Birthday and many blessings to you this year!

Mary K Rumbold said...

Very proud and thankful to have you a our daughter-in-law. Love your pictures. You'll find that 40 isn't so bad. Besides, you don't look 40. Love you - Mom R.